7.06.2010

a belated fourth post


America, America, God shed His Grace on Thee!

Our Founding Fathers once said:

"We Recognize No Sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!"  -John Adams and John Hancock [April 18, 1775]


“It cannot be emphasized too clearly and too often that this nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religion, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.” -Patrick Henry "Orator of the Revolution" [May 1765 Speech to the House of Burgesses]

“ It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and Bible.”  -George Washington

“God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are a gift from God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, and that His justice cannot sleep forever.” -Thomas Jefferson (excerpts are inscribed on the walls of the Jefferson Memorial in the nations capital) [Source: Merrill . D. Peterson, ed., Jefferson Writings, (New York: Literary Classics of the United States, Inc., 1984), Vol. IV, p. 289. From Jefferson’s Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, 1781.]


11 comments:

Kristin said...

Love those quotes!! It is so sad that so many people are trying to remove God from this country!

Unknown said...

I always love popping by your blog. It has such a happy feel. Besides, the pictures are so charming! I'm always inspired!

I enjoyed my visit.
Love ya.
Lynnette

Andrea said...

Hope you had an awesome weekend.
Blessings,
andrea

Mikalah said...

Happy 4th, and AMEN! those quotes are perfect.

Lauren said...

I adore those quotes!!! The pictures are beautiful!

Thank you so much for your encouraging comment yesterday! It will be my joy to spur one another on in this walk of faith!!

I love your heart! :P

Unknown said...

Beautiful pics!

carissa said...

such lovely pics and amen to the quotes!

Cooking Up Faith said...

I included your Dropping Eaves blog into my post tonight. Thanks for the inspiration!
Big Fat Mama

Anonymous said...

Love the quotes and your blog! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment :)

{darlene} said...

excellent quotes! I would love to copy them to my blog, and link to you, is that okay?

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Beautiful post...love these quotes from our founding fathers. Hope others will remember what our dear country was founded on. Happy belated fourth to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape