12.09.2009

A glimpse

StudioJRU
Jennifer at Studio JRU hosts a beautiful event she calls "A glimpse".  It's a wonderful opportunity to share the extraordinary glimpses of our God in the everyday ordinary.  One image crowds my heart today...
This was waiting for me in my inbox.
A gift from a beautiful friend that I've never met.
But one who has walked the path neither of us would have chosen.
One who knows the sorrow of losing...
And the need to remember.
One who comforts others in the midst of her own grief.

Much like another Friend I know.
A man acquainted with my every sorrow.
A God who captures tears in his jar of remembering.
One who carries me when I am weary.
Who promises beauty for ashes,
the oil of joy for mourning,
and the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.

The One who invites us to comfort others
With the same comfort we receive from Him.
His hands mending hearts through our tentative touch.


Thank you, Holly, for remembering my Titus.
This is twice you have blessed me-- the first was a necklace you gave away on your blog and it has meant so much to me, and has been such a precious keepsake of my little boy in heaven.

And Thank you, my Abba, for carefully handling my heart and mending all the broken places.

17 comments:

Kristin said...

I just love Holly's heart. Both of you are just so very special!

Mich said...

How beautiful...

I am so thankful for a Savior, who on tough days like today, understands and holds me through the roller coaster of life.

thank you for sharing this.

Holly said...

The necklace is beautiful on you, Joye, and it was an honor to write Titus' name. I know it blesses my heart when others remember my Carleigh.

♥ to you

Faye said...

Joye, this was beautiful. I love the necklace.Hope you have a great day! Blessings, Faye

{darlene} said...

the necklace is stunning on you.
Titus's name is stunning framed by God's leaves.

Anonymous said...

Joye, Thanks for sharing...that was a special and tender reminder of the daddy heart of our father God...

(-:

Brook

Fiona said...

yay for friends in blogland!!!

And yay for encoragement and love that can only come from God, via friends.

He & Me + 3 said...

What a sweet special friend you have. It is so nice to see others giving and thinking of others so often here in blogland. God has truly blessed this blog space for His glory. So many Christian Mommy bloggers out there to encourage us along the way.
Beautiful post.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Wow... what a beautiful Glimpse! God blesses us with the love and friendship we need just when we need it! He has perfect timing! :) Thank you so much for sharing your glimpse!

Sara said...

What a sweet photo of you. What a nice post. I'm sorry you lost him. I love that name, Titus.

Lauren said...

what a beautiful image and beautiful post ... you are such a precious person and I love that God is always faithful and that you SEE that! :) It is truly a joy to know you!

christy rose said...

That was such a wonderful thing for Holly to do! What an encouragement from one momma to another. God's children are responding from His heart toward each other. It is a beautiful thing!

Unknown said...

So sweet! Love Holly-she is my cousin, you know :)

Holly said...

Love you too Kate. :)

Kari said...

This was beautiful. You and Holly both inspire me. I love seeing these names of your little ones all over the place. It's a beautiful reminder to never forget.

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

I love your precious heart & am so thankful to be your bloggy friend too!
Wylie

Amy said...

Joye,

Thank you for this. Two years ago today I began miscarrying my little Jewel. It can be so hard to remember, but precious too.

We also tried making your yarn ornaments. Ours aren't quite as good as yours, but we had fun.

:-) Amy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape