11.18.2009

chasing rainbows


Thad has a book we love to read called "Hello, Sun" by Sheila Walsh.

In the story, God sends a little girl a rainbow.  Ever since we read that book, Thad sees rainbows everywhere.  A couple months ago I remember Thad's excited voice ushering me into the next room, "Mom, look!  God sent me a rainbow!"  His little nose was pressed against the windowpane, his eyes filled with wonder and excitement.

Struggling with doubt, I squinted into the afternoon sun, it's molten glow casting rays of color through the flutter of leaves.  I can't exactly say whether or not what I saw was a rainbow.  I do know my heart was touched by his childlike expectancy and I was chagrined by my disbelief.

I want to believe my God still sends rainbows.  I want to believe that He'll send them to me.


I had all but forgotten about rainbow chasing.  The thrill and the joy of asking God to do the impossible, or even something seemingly silly and sentimental.  Nothing we ask is taken lightly by our God.  His answer often appears as a rainbow: a promise, a ray of hope, a spark of love seen by the eyes that linger in the clouds, waiting, searching... expectant.

After all, rainbows are merely glimpses He gives us of Himself.

He is the rainbow I seek.  And He always reveals Himself to those who ask.


"Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD."  Ezekiel 1: 27

6 comments:

{darlene} said...

beautiful post. The eyes of a child, and their wonder... I never knew how much I could learn.

He & Me + 3 said...

What a beautiful picture and a sweet boy. Love that he saw a rainbow.
Hugs,
mimi

Unknown said...

I love seeing rainbows and God sends them to me when I need them the most! I want to get that book! Keep searching for rainbows Thad!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Beautiful, as always, sweet Joye...here's to watching for rainbows...

Fiona said...

OOOhh I like this. Oohhh I like you!!!

Kristin said...

Beautiful Joye!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape