5.08.2009

For You, Motherest

My Motherest,
(note to readers:  motherest=mother+dearest, a term I made up when I was 11)

I know that you will read this as soon as you can find a computer and as soon as you can leave Grandma and Grandpa's side for just a minute.  You are one of the most selfless people I know and you are caring for them as faithfully as you do everyone you meet.  Because you are that kind of mother.

I only wish you were closer to me...I miss you.  But don't cry!  (or the ladies in the library will stare at you again ^_^)  We'll plan a trip to see each other soon!  But for now, I love to call you on the phone.  The sound of your voice is like sunshine on the dreariest of days.  You always know just what to say.  You always believe in me.  Always encourage me.  Always love me.  Because you are that kind of mother.

I love the way you laugh so hard sometimes that you can't stop.  I love the way you wear your heart on your sleeve and give it away without a second glance.  I love the way you make everyone fall in love with your genuine spirit  (especially the old cranky types).  And I just love your absolute transparency.  Because you are that kind of mother.

But more than anything else in the world, Motherest, I am so thankful that you showed me Jesus.  This is the greatest gift you have ever given me--the LOVE of my life, the Saviour of my soul.  You taught me how to love Jesus.  And I weep with gratitude whenever I think about it.  I thank my God every day because you are that kind of mother.

And I pray I will be that kind of mother, too.

Happy Mother's Day My Darling Mother!

I love you.
your daughter

7 comments:

Alleluiabelle said...

Oh Joye,

This is such a beautiful writing to your mother. She looks like a sweetheart and someone who one could get to know so easily. She has a kind face and a beautiful smile.

I have twin brothers who are the oldest in my family siblings of five. My mom always said that she never wasted food when they were little. What one didn't eat, the other would and they always had a playmate since they were the first born.

Again, I love your site. I'm a proud Nana to four grandchildren whom I love with all my heart.

Blessings,
Alleluiabelle

He & Me + 3 said...

OK, Tissue please. i have goose bumps after reading that. Wow...what beautiful thoughts. I could almost use yours for my mom too. Mom's are the absolute best. We are so blessed!
Happy Mother's Day!

Kristin said...

That was absolutely beautiful, Joye! Your Mom sounds like a wonderful lady. That sounded like exactly something I would've written to my Mom too. What precious gifts God gave us when He gave us them! I pray your Mom will have a blessed Mother's Day and that you will have a great day too!!

Verna said...

A lovely post. So what if she cried and other people saw. It brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Also, Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day.

Unknown said...

What a precious post to you mom! I am making a Smilebox for mine. Hope I can get it done. ;)
Happy Mother´s day to you my new friend!

Kelly said...

This is so precious Joye! Your mother is an amazing woman. She sounds like my mom too!

Hope you have a very Happy Mother's Day!!

Anonymous said...

Oh sure, make me cry! I miss my mom! She was not that kind of Mother, but she was the best she could be! She has been gone for two years...Miss you mama! Shi~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape